Details at a Glance
- Awards $400.00 maximum for conferences and workshops $200.00 maximum for materials and supplies
- Funding period: Available throughout the year.
- Award disbursement: Approximately one month after submission of application
The MSGC K-12 Educator Incentive Program is designed to
- encourage teachers to engage in STEM educational enhancement activities, such as conferences and workshops, related to mathematics, science, and technology.
- purchase materials and supplies for innovative instructional initiatives.
Preference is given to activities directly related to NASA strategic interests, including aerospace, space science, and Earth system science. Activities in other related science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) fields, including educational research topics in STEM, are also eligible for consideration. Women, under-represented minorities, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Eligibility: This program is open to participation from K-12 educators throughout the state who are currently teaching in a traditional classroom.
Merit: Applications will be deemed worthy as long as they meet the criteria above and funds are available.
Use of funds: Funding can be used for curricular supplies and domestic travel
Cost sharing: Matching funds are not currently being required. If cost sharing can be provided, please include a signed letter noting the details.
Synthesize the four components below into a single pdf and email to email@example.com. Submit separate proposals if applying for both conference/workshops and supplies. The application package consists of:
1. Submit application on Submittable.
2. A description of the activity the applicant wishes to engage in, relevant dates, the amount of funding being requested, how the activity supports Michigan Space Grant Consortium’s mission, and the source of any cost share funds that may be offered.
3. Dated letter of support on school letterhead from the principal of the school where the teacher is employed. Limit: 1 page. It must include
- a statement of support for the curricular materials or professional development opportunity sought by the teacher
- a statement that the teacher will be spending, from their own personal funds, at least the amount of money that MSGC provides for the stated curricular materials or professional development experience, assuring that the MSGC funds will be reimbursing the teacher for that cost.
- the principal’s signature.
4. Applicant’s biographical information (resume). Limit: 1 page
Reporting Requirements for Award Recipients
The following will be required within 6 months of the date the teacher expends the funds…
- A narrative report that describes
- steps that were implemented in your classroom as a result of the curricular materials and/or conference.
- a description of the impact
- If possible, an image that can be used in promotional materials. A picture of children in the classroom engaging in related activities would be optimal. Permissions would be required.
- Receipts or a credit card statements (personal/private information redacted except name) summing to at least the award amount and showing payments for curricular materials and/or conference. Eligible expenses for conferences include meals (no alcohol), lodging, transportation, registration fees, and substitute teacher fees.